Are you a master in ad placement and targeting who loves data? If so, we want to chat! Engine23 is a steadily growing startup, comprised of eCommerce experts who understand every last step of the customer journey. From code development to campaign deployment, our team knows what works for optimizing conversions.
Now we're looking for our next expert -- a remote Media Buyer with proven experience in ad placement and targeting, who understands how (and where) to make the most of our advertising dollars. Most importantly, we're looking for someone who can take this role and make it their own, bringing ideas and enthusiasm to the table, while truly commanding their position within the company.
You would be joining our mostly remote team, headquartered in New York. Our team is mostly remote because we aim to hire the best of the best... not just the "best nearby." If you have demonstrable success in ad placement (and a resume we simply shouldn't miss) we encourage you to apply, no matter where you live.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Motivation to:
- Collaborate with marketing, account management, and sales teams to provide information, interpretation, guidance, vision, and strategy on campaigns as the paid advertising expert so the team can deliver the most effective customer journeys.
- Expertly execute programmatic ads daily on accounts to implement, audit, optimize, monitor and analyze advertising campaigns, provide reports and trends, and ensure KPIs such as long and short term budget spend, attribution modeling, timelines, CPL, CPA, CTR, CPC, CPM, ROI, and ROAS are being met.
- Ensure uniform tagging and granularity of measurement, manage URL analytics coding, ad tag trafficking/generation, troubleshooting of cross-channel digital activity and campaign issues such as creative specifications/compliance, ad tracking, reporting, and ad tech integrations to own the attribution model and conduct audience research.
- Expertly understand funnels and digital marketing strategies with an acute focus toward new options and innovative approaches, communicating analysis and logical reasoning with clear documentation that champions hypotheses and recommendations as contributors to all aspects of campaign strategy, planning, traffic generation, optimization, reporting, analysis, and ad tech tools.
- Lead on ad-hoc programmatic testing such as creating frequent changes in ad stack to capitalize on opportunities within different DSPs, and introducing additional layers of exchange tags that are trafficked to targeted areas more aggressively to increase revenue and margins.
- Develop best practices/processes for audience planning, campaign management/ optimization, and measurement, perform ongoing QA within our tech stack, and evaluate potential net new ad-tech/mar-tech partnerships to further build on our capabilities.
- Autonomously grow your programmatic industry, vertical and account expertise, and constantly maintain internal documentation of company knowledge around programmatic evolutions, learnings, best practices, relationships, tech, platforms, and seasonality.
Preferred Education, Technical Skills, and Experience:
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or applicable field.
- 5+ years experience in ad placement, targeting and performance analysis.
- 3+ years of experience using programmatic buying platforms such as DoubleClick, AppNexus, major social media platforms, independent suppliers, etc.
- Knowledge of online funnel marketing strategies and testing practices.
- Requires paid digital advertising knowledge across a range of industries, company sizes, channels, and must include B2B and SaaS experience.
- Fluent in CTR, CPL, CPA, CPM, and CPC marketing.
- Exchanges/DSP/SSP/server expert: Media.net, Criteo, AdX, OpenX, Gemini, RTK, Taboola, DFP.
- Firm grasp of the competitive landscape of interactive advertising, audience segmentation/data, and media networks.
- Excellent organizational skills and knowledge utilizing project management tools.
- Great analytical skills with the ability to mine data to make informed decisions.
- Proficient in implementing pixels and tags for analytics, event tagging, and various analytics tools.
- Demonstrable understanding of various ad categories.
- Team player with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of the goals and problems that eCommerce websites face.
- Experience with any of the following is a bonus: Twitter: Analytics, Ads; Amazon Advertising, Facebook: Ads, Text Overlay Tool.
- Certifications: Google Ads, Google Analytics, Bing Ads Accredited Professional.
- Attention to detail with exceptional organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- JIRA, Asana, or Basecamp and Google Docs experience.
- Passion for learning and problem-solving.
Other notes and indications:
- Complete a problem-solving challenge.
- Answer the questions below completely when submitting your application.
- We are not able to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
About this Position
JOB TITLE: Media Buyer
JOB FUNCTION: Digital Marketing and Advertising
JOB NUMBER: 10
LOCATION: New York | Remote
Get in Touch
Apply for a Position with Engine23
To apply for a position, email your resume and details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must include the following to be considered:
First Name, Last Name, City, State, Phone Number, and Email
Resume and Desired Salary
Why are you seeking employment with Engine23?
What position are you applying for?
How did you hear about this job posting?