Engine23 is a steadily growing startup, comprised of eCommerce experts who understand every last step of the customer journey. From code development to campaign deployment, our team knows what works for optimizing conversions.
Now we're looking for our next expert -- a remote CI/CD Engineer who can transform complex processes into understandable components. Most importantly, we're looking for someone who can take this role and make it their own, bringing ideas and enthusiasm to the table, while truly commanding their position within the company.
You would be joining our mostly remote team, headquartered in New York. Our team is mostly remote because we aim to hire the best of the best... not just the "best nearby." If you have demonstrable success in automating and optimizing processes (and a resume we simply shouldn't miss) we encourage you to apply, no matter where you live.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Motivation to:
- Design and implement automated software services that support Infrastructure-as-Code principles, following the industry standards and best practices.
- Provide technical expertise to engineering organization to develop a robust and scalable CI/CD solutions that support SaaS product.
- Design, build and maintain tools and frameworks that will deploy software across various environments in a repeatable and automatic fashion to help build, deploy, configure, and test releases in a consistent, repeatable, and scalable fashion.
- Own, improve, operate, and maintain tools that support multiple clouds and those which will directly impact and improve developer efficiency.
- Advise a team to define, design, and execute on frameworks to help the QA, performance, and release teams.
- Contribute to ongoing functional, regression, performance, and resiliency testing efforts.
- Develop innovative solutions for quality engineering, data analysis and highly generic automation frameworks to promote Quality as a Service.
Preferred Education, Technical Skills, and Experience:
- 3+ years of recent experience with modern CI/CD LAMP/LEMP web solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or other related discipline is preferred, equivalent work experience required.
- Expertise with infrastructure configuration management and orchestration tools, such as Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Expertise with CI/CD platforms / tools, containerization, and container orchestration technologies., e.g. GitHub, BitBucket, WebdriverIO, Selenium, Selenium Grid, etc.
- Proven experience in WebdriverIO, Postman, Selenium, Selenium Grid, and related test frameworks.
- Sophisticated knowledge of build and deploy automation tools like Jenkins (Jenkins, Continuous Integration, Docker, Artifactory, SonarQube, RPM, Build automation, software Patch creation, software configuration management) and hands-on experience with public cloud platforms.
- Proficiency in at least one statically or dynamically compiled programming language.
- Experience with metric-driven monitoring and alerting systems.
- Attention to detail with exceptional organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- JIRA, Basecamp, and Google Docs experience.
- Passion for learning and problem-solving.
Other notes and indications:
- Provide examples of work and complete a technical challenge.
- Answer the questions below completely when submitting your application.
- Complete a fun exercise during a live call with one of our team members.
- We are not able to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
About this Position
JOB TITLE: CI/CD Engineer
JOB FUNCTION: Software Engineering and Development
JOB NUMBER: 12
LOCATION: New York | Remote
Get in Touch
Apply for a Position with Engine23
To apply for a position, email your resume and details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must include the following to be considered:
First Name, Last Name, City, State, Phone Number, and Email
Resume and Desired Salary
Why are you seeking employment with Engine23?
What position are you applying for?
How did you hear about this job posting?