Engine23 is a steadily growing startup, comprised of eCommerce experts who understand every last step of the customer journey. From code development to campaign deployment, our team knows what works for optimizing conversions.
Now we're looking for our next expert -- a remote PHP Developer who is highly experienced in the front end, but is also proficient in the back end. Most importantly, we're looking for someone who can take this role and make it their own, bringing ideas and enthusiasm to the table, while truly commanding their position within the company.
You would be joining our mostly remote team, headquartered in New York. Our team is mostly remote because we aim to hire the best of the best... not just the "best nearby." If you have demonstrable success in ad placement (and a resume we simply shouldn't miss) we encourage you to apply, no matter where you live.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Motivation to:
- Develop full stack on modern LAMP frameworks with clean, self documenting, and well documented code, experience with RequireJS, KnockoutJs, JQuery, Symfony, Composer, Less, CSS, Grunt, MySQL, XML, PHPUnit, and Selenium being preferred.
- Architect, review, and communicate plans for solutions and quality assurance, along with reviewing implemented solutions for quality to provide feedback for improvement.
- Debug and investigate code, server configurations, and integrations to identify, understand, communicate, and fix interference with desired functionality.
- Develop and deliver definitive metrics to show improvements for solutions.
- Setup and configure dev environment components such as Redis, Memcache, SOLR, Varnish, Memcache, New Relic; with 3rd party custom software integrations; on LAMP and LNMP.
- Organize and track details to release software, server updates, and configuration changes through staged environment to production with consistent expected results.
- Understand GIT at development and devops level to collaborate in team development environments, act as Merge Master, and clean up any issues that arise with repositories.
- Develop and document internal server and software development processes, how-to’s, and troubleshoot references for both self and others.
Preferred Education, Technical Skills, and Experience:
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree, technical in nature.
- Experience: 4+ yrs PHP Development Experience, 1+ yrs Magento 2 Experience.
- Experience with the following required: PHP, Composer, Less, XML, and Linux (with CentOS preferred)
- Experience with any of the following is a bonus: RequireJS, KnockoutJs, MySQL, PHPUnit, Grunt, and Apache.
- Requires deep backend knowledge of a Modern PHP Framework or Platform, such as Magento, Symphony, Zend, Yii, Laravel, or CodeIgniter.
- Understanding of eCommerce concepts such as SSL types, PCI, performance optimizations, SEO techniques, marketing integrations, email campaigns, delivery options, and how they affect customers.
- Would be nice to have an understanding of OS level concepts such as SSL CSR generation and Certificate install; Configuring server SSL, ports, and firewall security, email authentication through SPF and DKIM; Hardening system configurations; Bash scripting; Yum and Apt-get package managers.
- Would be nice to have experience with virtual machine technologies, such as Vagrant and Docker.
- Attention to detail with exceptional organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- JIRA, Basecamp, and Google Docs experience.
Other notes and indications:
- Complete a problem-solving challenge.
- Answer the questions below completely when submitting your application.
- Provide examples of work and complete a coding challenge.
- We are not able to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
About this Position
JOB TITLE: PHP Developer
JOB FUNCTION: Web Design and Development
JOB NUMBER: 11
LOCATION: New York | Remote
Get in Touch
Apply for a Position with Engine23
To apply for a position, email your resume and details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must include the following to be considered:
First Name, Last Name, City, State, Phone Number, and Email
Resume and Desired Salary
Why are you seeking employment with Engine23?
What position are you applying for?
How did you hear about this job posting?